Full Stack Engineer
Frank has a radical vision and a big goal: to make quality education affordable to all by fundamentally shifting the relationship between students and their finances. Like most Americans, we believe that higher education should empower students, not hinder them. That’s why every student’s education should be affordable – no matter what language they speak, where they grew up or how much money they or their parents make.
Our idea was born when we, like millions of students in the U.S., had to invest in our education. Information, assistance and money for college were hard to come by. We learned that what should be the proudest moment in a student’s life quickly turns frustrating, confusing and overly complicated, setting into motion a series of crucial financial decisions that all too often burden Americans for the rest of their lives.
We set out on a mission to change that, starting with making the financial aid process easier. By creating an online platform designed to fix FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, we have eliminated layers of bureaucracy, opportunity for mistakes, and hours of headache and heartache.
Eight months and over 150,000 FAFSAs later, we have set out on our next big goal: to build out and sell our unique suite of premium services, designed to help students and families meet their Expected Family Contributions (EFC) with the minimum amount of debt and maximum amount of transparency & enjoyment.
Engineering at Frank
We are looking for strong, passionate engineers to join our NYC core engineering team. We believe our core engineers should be fearless, product-driven generalists, who need end-to-end ownership and want to take charge.
We invite you to join a pragmatic, detailed-oriented team, where we help each other grow and collaborate through code reviews, process automation, continuous integration, pair programming and always keeping our ears and minds open for discussion.
- Can-do attitude: you’re up for any challenge, excited to do whatever it takes to ship great products.
- Great software design: while you’re always open minded, you have strong opinions on what is readable, easy-to-change, production-ready code.
- Real-world full stack experience: you’ve shipped product to real users before, with deep involvement in backend, and at least some front code with your name on it.
- DevOps experience: you’ve shipped code on a popular cloud platform (AWS, GCP, etc.) and you know your way around Linux machines and databases (MySQL, etc.).
- Experience with React or Angular
- Experience with production-ready scraping code
- Experience using OCR in production
- Experience building a commercial product from scratch
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs (Twilio, Stripe)
- Experience building secure system to protect sensitive user information
- Experience and love for CI, code reviews, lots of automated testing, pair programming
Impact. Join a vibrant, fast-growing, meritocratic company with no institutional barriers to professional growth.
Benefits. Frank offers full coverage medical, dental, vision, and subsidized commuter benefits.
Pay. Competitive salaries and meaningful equity.
Perks. Sleek Apple products, fully stocked kitchen, happy hours, awesome company events.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!